The Synaptics Touchpad on the Samsung NC10 supports two finger scrolling but the driver they ship doesn’t enable this feature. Considering the touchpad is so small two finger scrolling sounds pretty attractive as it allows you to turn off the virtual scrollbars on the sides of the pad.
Lucky for there’s an open source tool that implements this feature.
You can download it from here:
This runs as a standalone EXE and can be configured to run at startup.
How to configure virtual scrolling
- Download the ZIP and install the EXE into C:\Program Files\.
- Run the EXE.
- Double Right click on the TwoFinger Scroll icon in the taskbar tray to open the properties window.
- Check the Start with Windows checkbox and close the settings window.
- Open the mouse settings in the Windows control panel and select the (Synaptics) device settings tab.
- Click Settings… to open the properties window and uncheck virtual scrolling checkboxes under the Virtual Scrolling tree node.
- Similarly uncheck the Pinch option under Pointer Motion tree node.
- Click Apply and close the dialogs.
More touchpad real estate is now yours.