This guidance helps architects and developers build SharePoint intranet applications. The guidance contains a reference implementation (RI) that demonstrates solutions to common architectural, development, and lifecycle management challenges. This guidance discusses the following:
- Architectural decisions about patterns, feature factoring, and packaging.
- Design tradeoffs for common decisions many developers encounter.
- Implementation examples demonstrated in the RI and in the QuickStarts.
- How to design for testability, create unit tests, and run continuous integration.
- Set up of development, build, test, staging, and production environments.
- Managing the application life cycle including upgrade.
- Team-based intranet application development.
The following areas are not discussed in this version of the guidance:
- Content-oriented sites that use Web content management.
- Internet and enterprise-scale SharePoint applications.
- Multilingual SharePoint applications.
- Scale or security testing of SharePoint applications.