In the course of surfing the web for related things I discovered a few more useful articles on distributing teams:
- More on Distributed Teams – Ping Identity’s “Swarm” Model for Remote, Distributed Agile Development
- Agile Project Management for Distributed Teams
- Can distributed teams be agile?
- InfoQ: Can Virtual Teams Ever Work?
- Transitioning to Agile in Onshore-Offshore Distributed Teams
- Adaptive Engineering of Large Software Projects with Distributed/Outsourced Teams
Good stuff.. I’m still cranking through the last one (in bold) by Jeff Sutherland and co. but it’s definitely worth a read.
I’m also told that there were a huge number of papers and presentations submitted to Agile 2008 on this topic. Hopefully I’ll get a chance to see some of them at the conference.