Finally there’s a new release of the C++ AMP Algorithms Library! It’s taken a while, largely due to other things, like CppCon taking up my time.
This release contains the following:
- New C++ AMP features:
- AMP and STL algorithms no longer depend on DirectX scan implementation.
- New implementation of amp_algorithms::scan that does not have a direct dependency on theID3DX11Scan and ID3DX11SegmentedScan interfaces.
- The amp_stl_algorithms::copy_if and remove_if algorithms now use the the new scan implementation for improved performance.
- Implementation of radix sort amp_algorithms::radix_sort.
- New utility functions functions; log2, is_power_of_two, count_bits, padded_read, padded_write,pack_byte and unpack_byte
- New namespace added for DirectX dependent features, amp_algorithms::direct3d. All DirectX code now in a separate header file amp_algorithms_direct3d.h.
- New C++ AMP STL features:
- pair<T1, T2>
- New SAXPY example.
- Reorganized unit tests, consistent names and test categories.
What’s up next for the library? A port to Linux and more STL algorithm implementations and bug fixes.