So it’s been a long while since; Peru, getting sick, a business trip and then getting hammered by a major deadline at work. Which pretty much added up to nearly three months of not training or climbing that seriously. All of that, combined with a somewhat mediocre fall weather wise has led to not a lot of climbing or training and a big motivational crisis.
How to get back with the program?
- Show up. Turn up and work out. Don’t worry about the results.
- Ease back into it. Start doing a few runs and workouts. Don’t try and pick up the same training load right away.
- Don’t expect the same results. Don’t get depressed when you’re way off your previous performance.
- Set some goals. Training goals, climbing goals.
- Congratulations you’re back in the saddle.
That’s the strategy I used. Basically I’m back up to three CF workouts a week plus biking, running or climbing depending on the weather and other commitments. I’m now one pullup away from my goal of 40. I’ll be sticking a couple of pictures of some lines I’d like to climb this winter above my desk too.