Or… How a load of M&Ms can cost you over a minute of your life.
- Work late.
- Get up early.
- Spend the entire day from nine until six in meetings with no chance to eat right.
- Live off coffee and M&Ms for most of the day.
- Make sure a few of the meetings are “awkward” just to get you nice and stressed.
- Show up late and miss the warm up.
I can pretty much guarantee that half way through the second run on Helen* you’ll feel like I did. Shite. I thought I was going to have to sit down and quit – luckily I’m way pig headed so I finished just about. 10 minutes and change – slightly over a minute worse than my best time. Lost forever.
Pity because I’ve actually been making pretty good progress on the whole Paleo Diet thing over the last week or two – more on that later.
“You are what you eat”
* Helen: 3 x (400m run, 21 x 56lb kettle ball swings, 12 x pullup)